Thursday, August 20, 2009

Obsession and Nip!

I just realized that I should probably say something about myself. I am a rabid knitter! I know, I know, those terms should not be used together. One is a disease and the other a past time/hobby/obsession! Hmm, maybe the latter is like the former? At least for non-knitters.

I am also owned by two, highly adorable, orange cats. They are known as my home despots. They rule the house, I just live here... and pay the mortgage (because I have opposable thumbs, silly). I am also useful for filling the food dish... just not often enough. I also grow fresh catnip leaves for them, regularly. Each year the crop gets bigger and better. I'm starting to feel like this is a nip house (was that a knock at the the door?!?!) Shhh!

My knitting goes with me everywhere. I mean everywhere. I'll knit in the car, waiting for an appointment, at the restaurant waiting for food, in the grocery line, it never ends! :)
Anytime that I have idle hands, there's knitting to be done. I have tons and tons of projects going. I've got a stitch-minder application on my iPhone for crying out loud! I'm obsessed!
From what I've read out here in cyber-space, I'm not alone. Thank goodness! Please, if you are afflicted with this, send me an email! We must support one another! ;)

I wouldn't say that I'm an expert at knitting. Far from it. I'm always learning new stuff. I started when I was very young. I stopped for a number of years and then picked it back up a few years ago. Now I can't put it down. All the stitches are coming back to me, little by little and the wonderful things you can create abound!

In fact, I hear my yarn calling to me now..... =^.^=


No comments:

Post a Comment